Retaining Walls Pittsburgh
A retaining wall can be a key element of landscape design. Retaining walls are a great solution for leveling slopes, preventing erosion, and providing structural support in landscape.
A&N Lawn Service Inc. constructs Pittsburgh retaining walls for Commercial and Residential properties that are both functional and add beauty to your outdoor space. Our expert hardscape team is able to create numerous amazing features using retaining walls including:
- Raised Planters
- Terraced Garden Beds
- Seating Walls
Expert Retaining Wall Installation Pittsburgh
We construct our Pittsburgh retaining walls the highest quality materials and create a finished product that flows perfectly into your landscape design by using the appropriate retaining wall finish. Our professionals take the time to understand the look and feel that you want for a design you will love! Our most popular retaining walls finishes are:
- Omni Stone
- Belgium Block
Looking to install a retaining wall? A&N Lawn Service Inc. is a leading retaining wall specialist in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area. As the leading retaining wall specialists in Pittsburgh, we are committed to providing superior quality and 5-star customer service. If you truly want a quality high-end retaining wall that will last for many years, visit our contact us page and give us a call!
Types of Retaining Walls
Because of Pennsylvania’s hills and valleys, retaining walls are necessary on many properties to level out the land, create boundaries, terrace slopes, and level planting beds.
Retaining walls are typically installed when the terrain has troublesome slopes. They restrain soil that could slump and slide away from a foundation, causing damage to the surrounding landscape. Retaining walls are the most cost-effective soil because they keep elements of the land in place and add aesthetic value to your outdoor space.
One popular option is to use your retaining wall as a seated wall since you can have the functionality for your yard and use it as a space for entertainment. Seating walls can either be free-standing walls or built into landscape retaining walls.
A&N Lawn Service builds seating walls that are both practical and adds aesthetic to your outdoor space. By extending the retaining wall above the newly raised area, you can provide a year-round seating bench to enjoy the outdoors and relax in the fresh air.
In addition to the comfortable seating area, there are other practical uses for retaining walls. If patios are raised to a certain height, a railing may be required to fit a building code. Seat walls can also function as a railing.
Seat walls can also be used as a planter wall. They can be used as a place to admire the beauty of plants or offer a place to sit while gardening.
Things to remember about seating walls:
- Height: The average height of a seating wall is 18”, but it can vary by user.
- Width: The top of a seat wall should be 12” to make it comfortable and safe.
- Length: Most seating walls are at least 4 feet long. Consider building two seating walls that meet in the corner as they are perfect for quiet conversation.
- Surface: Avoid capping a seat wall with an irregular material as it can become uncomfortable quickly.
- Material: Make sure you use smooth material so it does not snag clothing. Also, consider the color choices so your seating walls complement the other elements in your outdoor design.
- Value: A well-designed seating wall can increase the property value of your home.
- Functionality: If your property requires a retaining wall because of the grade of the land, double the usability of the space with a seating wall.
- Seat wall Caps: Every seat wall should have a proper cap. You can opt for a pronounced color difference between the cap and stone veneer. A seat wall capsize is relative to the size of the wall. They should overhang the walls from 1.5 to 2” on each side to allow water to fall straight down.
Looking to install a seating wall? A&N Lawn Service Inc. is a leading retaining wall specialist in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area. Retaining wall installations can double as seating walls, offering a 2 for 1. If you are looking for a quality seating wall that will last a long time, contact us and give us a call!