If your home is getting cramped because your kids are getting older and bigger, or you’ve realized that the space you have is just too small, consider adding outdoor living space. Many homeowners have learned that you can enhance your space with: Continue reading
Prepare for your Spring Landscaping!
Every great yard begins with a plan. Although it’s still winter, this is the perfect time to begin thinking about your spring landscaping projects. Here’s what we recommend to get started with your landscaping design: Continue reading
Five Fabulous Outdoor Hardscape Ideas for Fireplaces
Regardless of the warming trends we’ve enjoyed during the past few years, Pittsburgh-area weather is usually pretty cold from November through March. Many traditional outdoor areas can only be enjoyed in the late spring, summer, and early fall. Pools, patios, and decks are usually abandoned until the chill is out of the air.
Outdoor Fireplaces Add Comfort in Every Season
How about an idea for an outdoor feature that you can use the entire year in Pittsburgh? Fireplaces are an outdoor addition that add beauty and value to your property, while allowing you and your family a welcome escape from the indoors. Add a couple of cozy blankets and some outdoor cooking gear, and you’ll look forward to being outside.
Just like indoor fireplaces, no two outdoor fireplaces are alike. Adding other hardscape features will make this area one-of-a-kind.
· Mantel. A mantel isn’t only for the indoors. You can also add a mantel to an outdoor fireplace. Use the same family of materials, or mix and match. Treated, reclaimed wood beams strike a rustic tone, traditional wood is classic, and cast stone and metal have a modern vibe. Other options include limestone, granite, or concrete.
· Hearth. If you want to sit close to the fire (great during the winter months, or after an evening dip in the pool), a hearth should be included in your fireplace design. Make sure that the hearth is not too high or narrow. Brick, flagstone, and concrete are common hearth coverings.
· Retaining Wall. This feature can be used on the sides or behind your fireplace. It extends your hardscape, creates drama, and is the perfect place to put flowers and other greenery. Some retaining walls are designed around built-in grill tops, creating an outdoor kitchen to complement the fireplace.
· Seating. Some seating can be designed as a part of the hardscape. For instance, building a stone or concrete seating configuration as a sectional or circular setup ensures plenty of seating and ties the fireplace and patio together. Of course, you can also purchase outdoor furniture in any style if cushioned comfort is important.
· Lighting. No matter the time of year, you’ll need lighting for ambiance and safety. Hardscape lighting is designed to work with stone materials. Uplighting with wall lights and directional lights will showcase the fireplace and surrounding area properly.
Hardscape Outdoor Fireplace Projects in Pittsburgh
Let A&N Lawn Service help you design an outdoor fireplace that can enjoyed year-round. We have multiple financing options available that allow you to fund these projects over time. Call A&N Lawn Service today to learn more.
Planning Your Spring Hardscaping Project Now
Although winter has just started, you should plan your spring hardscape project as soon as possible. While you may be thinking that you won’t even be out in your yard until the grass is bright and green again in March, by then, many landscaper contractors are already booked through summer.
Why Should You Finance Your Next Outdoor Living Project Right Now?
With autumn coming around, most homeowners know that their yard will soon be covered in a carpet of fallen brown leaves. Instead of raking them up, putting them in bags, and waiting for leaf pick-up day in your neighborhood, use them to your advantage.
If you’re looking for a three-season area, or would simply like to enjoy the outdoors more when the weather is nice, consider hardscape and landscape ideas that will bring the indoors . . . outside. A garden space, outdoor haven, or new kitchen will welcome you and your guests as your relax, eat, and entertain.
Landscaping around your swimming pool is a must for summer months when you’re hosting pool parties and backyard get-togethers. Transform or update your property while enjoying your outdoor living space to the fullest. Here are some great features to consider.
Choosing a landscaper can be a difficult process. Landscaping companies are everywhere, but not all of them are created equal. The differentiation between companies can be vast, so if you’re hoping to bring a high-end look to your outdoor space, you’ll want to do some research so that you end up with exactly what you want. Here are a few major elements to look for in a company that will be appropriate for your project:
As warm weather begins to move in, it’s time to start thinking about entertaining and spending more time outdoors this spring and summer. To really wow your guests and suit your family’s lifestyle, consider an upgrade to your current landscape and outdoor living area. Transforming your yard into a delightful escape for all is as simple as keeping up with this year’s trends in luxury landscaping. Below are a few of the most popular landscaping practices popping up this spring: